Wednesday, July 02, 2008

It's thunderstorming! We out here in the farfreluches of Seattle rarely get these things so I have to blog about it. A cell is passing overhead. Unlike Althouse I bravely continue typing even while the storm rages out my window.

. . . . .

. . . . .

We get a lot of rain here, but it's mostly in the winter so enjoying a rainstorm with the windows open is rare. That's one thing I miss about the midwest: summer rain. Come July we get little rain for 2-3 months. So I shall enjoy the sound.

UPDATE, next day: Thunderboomers still continuing. Such a treat! As I mentioned, we get few thunderstorms largely because of the mountains. They continued on through the night and at one point I woke up to hear the rain and some thunder. I submit that one of the most pleasant things in life is waking up in the middle of the night and hearing the rain knowing that you can just go back to sleep.