Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Computers F Anyone's I, I got a new Samsung SyncMaster 940BW LCD monitor for the office computer (I was provided with a CRT, blehh). I like this one, but it took me a while to get the right resolution. I've got it on 1440 by 900. Other configurations just made the icon text look all weird.

Interestingly, I first discovered the joys of the LCD screen while in. . .Egypt! I spent a couple months there in 1994 doing a little Fayum project and had a couple of weeks layover due to holidays and waiting for permissions, blah blah blah, so I spent quite a bit of time on a Toshiba monochrome laptop translating an old Fortran seriation program into. . . .Pascal, I believe. I found that I could sit and stare at that monochrome LCD screen for hours without getting all bleary-eyed.