Tuesday, January 01, 2008



Happy 2008, ArchaeoBlog readers!

No posting today except for this. Why? Because. I am regressing into early adulthood, watching tons of football and drinking beer. Sorta. I resurrected an old tradition of going for a run on new year's day. Haven't done it in a while since I started working out regularly and not really running all that much. But I've been feeling kinda nostalgic lately so I went and did it. My knees hurt on on the outside for about the middle third, but they calmed down. I don't know if I need to just run through it or what. When I first started running I got shin splints BAD but my brother told me to just keep running through them and they'd go away in a couple of weeks and never come back -- and he was right. So who knows, maybe this will end up the same if I keep it up. I always liked starting the new year off with a nice run.

And then I came home and drank beer. GAWD, beer is wonderful after a run. Better than sex. Run. Drink a beer. Take a beer in the shower. It's the most physically wonderful feeling in the world to get that relaxed feeling after really exerting yourself. Beer companies used to sponsor fun runs in Wisconsin so we'd run 10k and then swill free Old Style or Pabst afterwards. Electrolytes, you know.

So yeah, old times are here again: Running, drinking beer, and watching the Big 10 get walloped in the Rose Bowl. At least Michigan won. . . . .

Hopefully we here at ArchaeoBlog and all of our faithful readers will have a happy, healthy, and prosperous new year. Thank you again for reading.