Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Remember, it's Science Jessica Alba has the perfect wiggle, study says
Jessica Alba, the film actress, has the ultimate sexy strut, according to a team of Cambridge mathematicians.

The academics found that it is the ratio between hips and waist that puts the sway into a woman's walk - and the nearer that ratio is to 0.7, the better.

This ratio provides the body with the right torso strength to produce a more angular swing and bounce to the hips during the walking motion.


It mentions Marilyn Monroe as being close to that, which surprises me. I for one never found her to be quite all that (nowhere near my Top 10 anyway) and she always seemed a bit. . . .chunky, relatively speaking.

I don't really chide the research, as quite a bit's been done on cross-cultural standards of beauty, though I do wonder how they collected the data. I mean, I doubt they obtained permission to whip out their tape measures on dozens of high-profile celebs. Nevertheless, it is definitely a study that needs 3rd-party confirmation. . . .

UPDATE: Oh, okay, we here at ArchaeoBlog know when a picture is worth a thousand dry, boring, pedantic words: